NGO Bureau: DSW/FDO/R-009, 1981 Date : 22 April, 1981
Social Welfare: Act XXI (1860) No. 3760-B, 1972-73, II Date : 13 July, 1972
Women Affairs: N/A
Joint Stoke Company: N/A
Micro Credit Regulatory Authority: 00032-00286-00184 Date : 16 March, 2008
Caritas Khulna Regional Office
29 Rupsha Strand Road, Khulna-9100
In the light of the Social Teachings of the Church, Caritas Bangladesh envisions a society which embraces the values of freedom, justice, peace and forgiveness allowing all to live as a communion and community of mutual love and respect.
Caritas Bangladesh tries to become a partner of people – especially the poor and marginalised, with equal respect for all – to attain integral development, to live a truly human life in dignity and to serve others responsibly.
- Children of Disadvantaged Communities have Easy Access to Education Conducive to Learning Environment.
- Strengthen Quality Education Management.
- Promote Moral and Ethical Education
- The Hardest to reach children enjoy their right to quality basic education at pre and primary level, and equal opportunities for inclusion in mainstreamed education at secondary level. To contribute an effective disaster risk reduction systems and community resilience.
- To promote and replicate of the CBDP model, disaster resilient livelihood; protective environment and safe WASH (Water Sanitation and Hygiene).
- Communities in urban and rural areas are strengthened to avoid, reduce and cope with the impacts of natural and man-made hazards and to reduce related losses and damages.
- To raise awareness and improvement of good practices on health, education, human rights, psycho-social settings of the program participants.
- Project participants are well oriented on basic human rights and are collectively in actions to establish and retain their rights, entitlements and socio-economic condition is enhanced.
- To support strengthening capacity of contact, linkage and bargaining availing services and benefits from different sources.
- The living conditions of climate-migrants in selected settlements in KCC and RCC are improved through the implementation of demand-oriented measures.
- Improved access to basic urban services, such as, water, sanitation, and communication infrastructures of the slum dwellers including climate migrants in selected slums of Khulna city.
- The living conditions of climate migrants in selected settlement in Khulna and Rajshahi are improved through the implementation of demand orientation measures.
- The use of personal hygiene has improved and reduced diarrhea, dysentery, jaundice, fever (virus, typhoid and dengue) etc. and female diseases.
- To ensure that students have to quality education.
- To create an opportunity for them to continue education.
- To ensure that moral values are upheld and practiced in every sphere of life.
- The program participants have become bread earners through employment/ self employment and responsive to the families and society.
- To increase employable potentials among the disadvantaged school dropout rural youths through different technical trade training.
- To improve PO’s in co-management and make them capable to become effective partner in the process.
- To increase employment/ self employment rate of the graduates in association with the community organization.
- Detection and treatment of hidden cases, which constitute the main source of infection.
- Prevention of disabilities through health education for registered patients and proper treatment of reaction/ neuritis.
- To assure a proper follow up of the patients: supervision of the treatment (implementation of DOTS- directly observed treatment-strategy) defaulters tracing.
- Improvement of the Quality of Life of the Extremely Poor and of the Vulnerable Communities.
- Promote Education Rights and Inclusive Quality Education
- Improve Health Education, Care and Public Health Services
- Strengthen Disaster Response and Community Resilience.
- Strengthen Ecological
- Improvement of the Living Standards of the Indigenous Peoples.
List of Excutive Body
- Dr. Bro. H. Bijoy Rodrigues, CSC
- Dr. Fr. Hemonto Pius Rozario, CSC
- Rev. Fr. Mukul Anthony Mondol
- Rev. Fr. Jacob S. Biswas
- Rev. Fr. Paul Gomes
- Rev. Fr. Anthony Sen
- Rev. Fr. Fidelis Nengminza
- Rev. Fr. Stanislaus Gomes
- Mr. John Sarkar
- Mr. Khunthai Ropy Tripura
- Mr. Jyoti F. Gomes
- Mr. Francis Atul Sarker
Chief of NGO
Name: Mr. Francis Atul Sarker
Designation: Executive Director
Phone & Mobile No. 02-48315405-09, Ext. 201, Mobile No. 01713010411
Address: 2, Outer Circular Road, Shantibagh, Dhaka-1217
Phone & Mobile No. 02-48315405-09
Address: Caritas Khulna Regional Office 29 Rupsha Strand Road, Khulna-9100
Phone & Mobile No. 041-722906/722690, Mobile No. 01755636004
|Management and Supervision||2||1||3|
|Toilet construction- Two Chamber||22|
|Toilet construction- One Chamber||16|
|Road construction (SQM)||3031|
|Drain Construction (0.55X0.95 m)||419.25|
|Drain Construction (0.55X0.80 m)||670|
|Construction of cloth washing slab||12|
|Women Bathing Corner construction||15|
Micro credit related information Last three years: (If necessary)
|Financial year||Amount of Savings||Loan disbursement (Cumulative)||Amount of Total fund (Tk)|
Project List ( Total Project : 9 )
Project Name : Leprosy & TB control program
Doner : Amice dell Missionary dell Immaculate, Italy and GFATM
Sector : Health Care and Education
Area : Khulna City Corporation through 16 centers.
Brief of activities :
- Through this choice we get the possibility to come closer to the new problem ALD / HIV which is now developing in Bangladesh.
- over the recent years the number of new Leprosy cases has been very low in Khulna Metropolitan Area, the goal of elimination of the disease is in the verged of achievement.
- The number of TB cases is slowly decreasing .The number of new smear positive cases ( the most infectious ) is following the same trend.
- We are well aware that still we have to improve our performances to reach out as patients as possible.
Project Name : Mobile Technical Training Project (MTTP)
Doner : Misereor-Germany
Sector : Quality Education
Area : Dacope Upazila (3 unions and 7 villages)
Brief of activities :
- Graduates have gained mental strength to live in their own family and community with dignity. Many of them have been self employed and others become involved in different activities.
- By participating in “ Dhyan Shova” they become morally and spiritually development .
- The school drop out trainees has become skilled receiving training on different trades through the mobile technical training project.